Today I felt like cheese and my mother’s muffins — the ones I craved when I was young. Mmmmm. These Cheddar Biscuits are a good combination. The fact that they are super easy to make is a major bonus.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & then cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 3⁄4cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4cup grated sharp cheddar cheeseInstructions
- In a large bowl, combine milk, melted butter, egg & cayenne.
- In a second bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar& salt.
- Stir in cheese.
- Add flour mixture to milk mixture and stir batter until it is just combined.
- The batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tins (buttered or lined) filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes.
Recipe found at food.com
Photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)